Sometimes we feel so overwhelmed by our feelings of fear and anxiety, that we become so tense, that we stop whatever we are doing, no matter how important it is and leave/escape the situation.
There might be other times when we feel frozen, like a rabbit in the headlights and seek reassurance that you will be Ok, or you might want to be rescued. When this happens to us we feel that something terrible is going to happen to us, so much so that we might tell ourselves that we are ‘going mad’, or ‘are out of control,’ or’ I am going to have I am having a heart attack!’
Sometimes there is not one specific fear or event that is the trigger, anxiety and worry might build up until we are so upset that we just feel panicky!
These experiences are called panic attacks and they rarely last longer than 20-30 minutes.
I’d like you to take a moment to see if any of the following applies to you:
- I feel that anxiety is rising to a point that is out of control?
- I feel physically unwell and my mind is scared?
- I am scared that something terrible is going to happen?
- I am always watching for, or avoiding things, places and situations that might make me panic?
- I do not believe that I can cope with panic?
- I have to stop what I am doing and escape when I feel like this?
If you can tick several of these off, then you would probably benefit from ringing me for a chat with no obligation.
I provide clinically effective professional psychotherapy for panic attacks whatever the cause.